View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 08:58 AM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloondilana View Post
Please be aware that a hobby friend of mine received an empty package yesterday that was supposed to contain the below pictured 1888 Goodwin Champs King Kelly - PSA 3(MK). The seller of the card in OH has been completely cooperative and has already reimbursed my friend in Florida (even though the card was NOT insured) but the card is nowhere to be found. It is easily identifiable with two stamps, one circular (center) and another on the top border. There’s also a faint “V”? Across the middle reverse.

The post offices in each town have been contacted as have local police departments, local card shops, PSA who is tagging the cert, SGC and BGS. The seller is as confused by all of this as anyone and there have been several character references provided by way of just talking to the card shops up his way. I can also assure you the card wasn’t in the box delivered to my friend. He’s devastated and even videotaped himself opening it as he was planning to post it on FB when he reunited it with his other Hof’ers from the set. And yes, I’ve seen the video, it’s sad and pathetic. He even had Reunited by Peaches and Herb playing in the background in the video lol! But seriously he’s reading this and is really upset

So please be on the lookout for this card
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloondilana View Post
He described the box that arrived as pristine. He had zero concerns. He also verified with the seller that it had at least two layers of tape over every single seam and it did. It’s seriously bizarre
The seller did not insure the card?

The seller reimbursed the buyer even though the package was delivered and (apparently) not tampered with?

I believe aloondilana was on target using the word "bizarre" to describe this.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (190/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra