View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 07:12 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
I see an auction like Goldin and go through 500 lots of "modern " autos/patch cards etc. I fell the demand for people adding these types to their PC is minimal. They are quick flippers, or buying and holding hoping for it to go up. Much like the stock market, the greed steps in when prices fo down, and now your flip is already losing ground and this is when people panic sell. It causes a market crash.

I see lelands auction, and frankly I dont think I've seen anything more ridiculous. It appears these 25 "lots" are all "consignments " from the collectable app, try to find a greater fool. Aside from the t3 set, and its ridiculous estimate, I see very little upside on anything listed. I'd wager another "app" or fractional ownership company will be "winning " these lots with a spectacle being made of "sales" prices.

For vintage, I think there are a good mix of people who enjoy the cards, as well as enough people actively pursuing cards to flip. This keeps the market in balance. However, when people stockpile cards like 52 mantle, etc. I think it does inflate the price somewhat.

I dont ever remember seeing 3 or 4 vg 1952 May's listed in a major auction house until the last few years. It kind of silly, and my bet would be they are all from the same consignor. As a consignor, I'd be a little miffed if I sent a card, and there was already a few example in the same auction. There is only so much the market can bear.

Buy what you like, and ca afford, and you will never go wrong. If you end in the black, you held an amazing asset, and made a few bucks as well. After all, it's just cardboard

Did you see in the Lealands auctions the 51 Bowman Mantle PSA 8 ? That was just in Memory Lane last July Selling for $498,000.
These cards can’t be purchased by collectors usually collectors keep them more than four months it’s like musical chairs with these so called investment pieces. They pushed it too high in the short term and they don’t have the balls to sit on it in the long term because they know they overinflated it.