View Single Post
Old 12-26-2021, 07:09 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Um, guys, the OP said CARD-related grievances. Here are mine:

- Facebook morons. The number of losers on these Facebook card groups is staggering! These guys ask stupid questions daily like "how much is my card worth? Should I send this in for grading? Is this ungraded rookie card real? Is SGC good?" In short, these guys don't know shit and they don't have shit. You have to go through 500 of these morons to find one good collector over there.

- Basement grading companies. Lots of new card grading companies were created during the pandemic and guess what? Most of them are slabbing YOUR cards in their parents' basements! Why would anyone choose to submit their cards to KKK grading instead of PSA or SGC or Beckett? Because they are taking too long? Give me break, seriously! Oh, and one more thing: getting your cards slabbed by these basement grading companies adds zero value to your cards!

- Gary Vaynerchuk. This guy had the hobby by the balls for a while and how he managed to do that is beyond me! This is somebody - unheard of before the pandemic - that could post a $200 dollar card on his Twitter account and a few weeks later it would be trading at fifty-thousand! Like seriously, wtf?? Are people really that stupid? Can they not just buy the stuff that THEY like?

- NFTs. I still don't know what they are and how they can make the hobby a better place. When I read about NFTs, it's like trying to read and understand Arabic.

- Flippers who pose as collectors. Now, there is nothing wrong with flipping cards, but posing as a collector (when your intention is to do a quick-flip) is just wrong.

- Guys who want Q1 prices for their cards Yep, go on eBay, and nearly all the cards listed their are at Q1 prices! Oh, and they don't care that card prices dropped quite a bit since then. Nope, cause' it's still January baby, so just pay up and shut up! Yee-ha!