View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 03:37 PM
R@y H0lmes

Default FS: 1907/1908 French Grand Prix Photos - Album pages

I've never tried selling early auto racing stuff on Net54, but I have a bunch of it so I'll list a few things and let's see if anyone is interested.

This first item is three bound board pages (6 sides, 5 with photos) from a french photo album. The pages hold 23 pasted-in photos taken at both the 1907 and the 1908 French Grand Prix in Dieppe.

The first 3 pages and the last are from 1908, showing various scenes of cars (Bablot in car 41 on the first page, and Nazzaro in car 24 on the second page), viewing stands, camping areas, and the course in the countryside around Dieppe. Most photos are around 3" x 4" in size. The oval photo on page 1 is about 3-1/4" x 4-1/2", and the photos surrounding it are smaller at about 2-1/4" x 3-1/2".

Page 5 is a real gem, with three photos taken in the pits at the 1907 Grand Prix. Photos of Arther Duray (who had the fastest lap that year), race winner Felice Nazzaro, and Vincenzo Lancia. These three photos are each about 3-1/8" x 4-3/8", with corner cuts on a couple for page design by the original owner.

Each page size is 9-1/2" x 12". The pages are medium-heavy light green board and are still bound together, separated from the rest of the album they were once bound into.

All pages and photos are in good antique condition. See scans below (click through for larger scans).

Price: $350 shipped

PM or email with interest.

Email: semloh00@yahoo.com

Thx,
Ray

Last edited by rholmes; 12-18-2021 at 03:41 PM.