View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 12:44 AM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harliduck View Post
To me the only thing odd is that you called it out? We are all of the same ilk here, and I found it interesting and a cool thread. Topps being Topps!
Not sure why you would think it odd to mention it. If you look, there is a separate forum to post basketball in, and I thought it strange that they've gone to the trouble to set up a specific forum especially for basketball, and then someone doesn't use it that posts about a basketball card. Not giving anyone grief, just curious as to why this was being posted in a forum for a completely different sport.

I also found it an interesting find by the OP, and never realized it myself till he pointed it out. But still, why is it in a forum specifically titled as a "Postwar BASEBALL Cards Forum (Pre-1980)"? And what does it being a Topps card have to do with anything? It is not a Topps card forum, it is a Postwar Baseball Card Forum.

And we are definitely not of the same ilk. it seems. In my experience, most card collectors tend to have a little OCD in them, and usually like to keep things in certain order and in their proper place. A thread about a basketball card, one would think, would normally go in a basketball forum, not a baseball forum.

I merely wondered if the OP had sometthing else in mind in using the baseball card forum for this. The truly odd thing is you giving me grief about asking why!

Last edited by BobC; 12-18-2021 at 01:20 AM.