View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 04:09 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammb View Post
When SGC started their money grab, they put out a call for job openings, including “graders”. Since then I have noticed a deterioration in the grading of vintage. I know the difference from a NM card compared to a vgex. It seems these graders don’t. I doubt they are all collectors but people looking for jobs. What I saw in the video where young people doing the grading. That’s a fact ,with no disparage meant to their age
I helped break out several dozen cards of freshly graded vintage material from SGC. Not a single card graded above a 6 and most were 5s and 5.5s. In the submission there were obvious VG+ to VG-EX cards with light wrinkles and noticeable corner wear and then cards that were wrinkle free, well centered that most would deem NM+ to NM-MT and those were in 5s and 5.5s.

Don't care if PSA is $150 per card, there is no point paying $30 per card to be crushed like that. For a buyer of that stuff it is a dream come true but not if you are the seller. Selling an under graded SGC card for top dollar is nearly impossible right now.