View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 04:45 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Thanks for the update, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Drove up today. My first show since Covid arrived on the scene. They said 150 tables but that seemed a bit inflated. Was at a Marriot hotel instead of the Westchester Civic Center.

Glad I went but didn't buy anything. Told myself I'd stay an hour and was probably there less than that. A decent mix of vintage, modern shiny stuff, some football, etc. Seemed like most of the business I saw was taking place on modern and not vintage. Modern outnumbered but some sweet cases of vintage and a few familiar faces. The only AHs I saw were Memory Lane and Iconic (?).

I was not thrilled with the social distancing aspect if it. Mask wearing was probably at around 50%, and lots of guys wear the mask covering their mouth only. Decent number of kids which is nice to see. Seemed a lot of the aisles were too crowded, to the point that I had to ask someone to let me by Was a decent crowd, a few signers (Jesse Orosco, Mookie Wilson). All and all I took me 45 minutes to drive their each way and I stayed about 45 minutes. Cool little Sunday trip.

Like most things with Covid, I don't know whether I enjoyed it or was depressed thinking how different it was. I personally didn't feel comfortable around that many unmasked people in a relatively small room. But when you see a case like this as a vintage collector something just kicks in and you get a little buzz going.