View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 06:39 AM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
As many have said, if you get a miss graded card you still have a card. Not so much with authenticity of signatures. I still think most of the government document types are real...and if I collected signatures there would have to be great provenance such as a picture of whomever signing the item in question.

I have been told this signature is probably real but not sure if I care, unless I go to sell it
Doesn't ANYONE collect cards just to have them anymore? Does it have to be all about the money? Does anyone have cards they just like, not sealed up in a block of plastic with the almighty grade and bar code so they can sell their cards based on market strategy? That is no hobby, it is business. I am not that far gone, and I will never become a card speculator. I have enough retirement strategies (U.S. Navy, Florida Retirement System, Social Security). I don't need or want baseball cards to be a nest egg. I took some of my memorabilia and cards and put it into a safe deposit box, in case of theft or hurricane. But that's as far as I go, and I can get into my box whenever. I just collect as frankly I always did, just to have and be happy with, not to worry about how rich I am going to become selling my stuff off.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***

Last edited by jingram058; 11-29-2021 at 06:41 AM.