View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 09:59 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
I observed people at a show yesterday.

Internet was slow

They'd look at cards, and say "just let me go see what its worth " and go outside to research. Many of them used psa market price or whatever.

I kept my mouth shut, but wanted to say "it worth what anyone will pay"

I've seen the sickening "bought mantle 2 days ago on Ebay. Now its double on n54" bst threads. I dont get it, but I simply pass by.

Its impossible these cards have more value than anyone could have bid last week. Assuming listed in the right category, proper title, 7 day auction, etc. Nothing has changed! Maybe fomo since one more sold, although it's the same one! I cant buy the "trusted seller" unless again it's obviously a scam. People buying washed out cards, having it graded altered, and doubling the price is ludicrous. The card sold for an altered price, not that of a reprint or fake.

Anyhow that's why I like signed cards and variations. Aside from the obvious, they truly are rare, and usually 100x more rare than their unsigned counterparts. The thrill for me is in the chase.
If I believed even half of those signatures on cards were real I might be interested.