View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 09:57 PM
Frank Wakefield

Just maybe, a 'lister' (might not become a seller if no price is listed) is unsure of what price to suggest and wants some assurance with offers...

If a 'listing reader' (might not be a buyer because they don't want to make an offer) doesn't want to make an offer, then don't. But maybe don't take someone to task for not listing a price. Maybe just don't make an offer and move on... unless it's something you really want.

I have a few items that I'd list at what some would think is a high price.

Sometimes I have made offers fearful of offending the owner... and sometimes I don't make an offer because I don't want to offend them. I'm not being unresponsive to a listing because the seller didn't price it, but because I don't want to offend them. But you guys can not make offers for your own reasons.

And... I've sometimes felt that people who say it's yours, you price it if you want to sell it.... I've felt that they're just bullying me, or whoever the seller was.

So.... I think listing a sell price is best practice; but folks should calm down a bit about taking offers.