View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 06:56 PM
Fred

Sorry, just have to say this... "Squirrel"

OP was asking about whether or not to keep/sell signatures because the players may not be making the HOF.

The thread has shifted a little to "who" should make it to the HOF. Lots of good names being mentioned. I saw the Cubans (Tiant, Minoso and Oliva) and I gotta say I like them all. I still remember watching Tiant pitch (on TV) during the '75 series and I can remember how fun it was to watch him that October.

There are lots of deserving players when you consider who's already in the HOF and compare the careers of some of those marginal (OK, I'll just say it - probably not so deserving) players to some that aren't enshrined.

Now back to the OPs original question -

My first thoguht is - "why" did you obtain the signatures? If it's because you liked the players, then I'd keep the signatures. It's a pretty neat list. I like Billy Martin the most (not because of HOF potential) but because of his "colorful" character in the sport. Love that 1972Topps card.