View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 04:14 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
What is this reefer madness. The myth of cannabis being a gateway drug has been credibly debunked many times.
So true. In fact, weed has gotten me away from booze entirely. A nice edible mellows me out way better than a shot of whiskey and without the deleterious side effects. Just a little cottonmouth.

But I digress...

Investor-Collector? Collector-Investor?

--When I was a kid and $3.25 could get you a good condition 1952 Bowman Mantle at auction at a local card show (true story) no one was an investor.

--When I got back into the hobby in the late 1980s, it was as a Collector-Investor. I collected for myself 80% but would keep an eye out for a good deal I could flip.

--Now, it is Investor-Collector. I still have stuff I collect purely for $hits and giggles: I don't sweat the future value of sub-$5 cards. But the rest is strategic, so I guess investment. Even if I like the card I have to be convinced of its future potential because if I am fortunate enough to be able to retire in the next decade, I plan to use my cards as a main occupation to gradually unwind my collection at retail over the course of the early years of retirement.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 11-22-2021 at 04:16 PM.