View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 07:19 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
He loves the attention. He will take any side of an debate simply to argue and be the contrarian. On many threads he has ended up having to back down, back off or admit he was wrong. It is truly hysterical. For him it is the sport of it. He does not care who he annoys or even how he comes off. Even our talking about him gets his juices flowing. An absolutely massive ego and has narcissism down pat.

Sure he is bright but he has no people skills and I would guess that it is just not here but out in the wild too. I cannot ignore him...I admit I have a weakness for his rants. Endlessly amusing to watch him carry on the same exact way each time.
Chase,

Agree, agree, agree. Plus, you just made a very enlightening comment I had thought about as well, but hadn't shared yet. You mentioned a possible lack of people skills, which can often go along with others factors, like sitting in an office all day just running numbers and never really interacting with anyone to ever be able to develop such people skills. Isn't it often true that people will tend to gravitate towards work and professions that most often mirror, or at least coincide with a large part of, their personalities? Assuming so, maybe he just needs to get out more. The next Net54 dinner/get together at the upcoming National would be perfect, don't you think?