View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 08:35 AM
J0hn Collin$

As a pure vintage collector (probably about 90% of what I do...) I'm not interested in a ton past the early 1970's. I do like the '76 Topps set, but am not actively collecting it or anything. Junk era is my childhood, and I generally consider that to start in the mid 1980's. Early 80's cards were not produced in the same quantity as the ridiculous heights of the 90's, though some will lump those in and consider them "junk" as well.

For modern stuff it's tricky, because I do love things like Topps Heritage, and (only recently) their Archives series. Fantastic new shots of both modern and historic players in classic Topps designs. So technically the cards are new, but most look old. For me this is a way to pick up some big names on the cheap, and offers refreshing new card images and things I had not thought of before. I'm a big fan of the "cards that never were" format. Archives gets some criticism because some people think they will never retain value, but I'm not concerned with that right now. I just like good looking baseball cards.

Last edited by jchcollins; 11-12-2021 at 08:36 AM.