View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 09:32 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliggity View Post
When this thread popped up a few months ago, I was in the middle of a big display project that I started a couple months into Covid. I'd been back into collecting for about seven years, but I was very disorganized and most of my collection was in a wooden trunk that I never opened. I was getting minimal enjoyment out of my cards and decided that I really needed to be able to see them every day to get the most out of them. I looked at hundreds of different cabinets and finally picked this one.

After I got the cabinet, the first thing I did was install UV-blocking film on both windows in the room (only indirect sunlight, thankfully), as well as on each pane of glass in the cabinet. Then I installed a lock a couple remoted-controlled strands of small LED lights. After that I spent a few months planning out the shelves and getting all the plastic stands. Then came the re-organization of the collection and finally setting up the display. I'm pretty happy with how it came out, and I my wife even seems to be impressed with my collection now!

Here are the individual shelves -

(1) Six M101-2s: Jackson, Wagner, Mathewson, Plank, Collins, and Joss.

(2) Yankees shelf: Butterfinger Ruth & Gehrig; Quaker Oats Ruth; a few Mantles, and DiMaggios. Eventually I'd like to put all 3 Mattingly RCs on the right side, but I only have the Donruss at the moment.

(3) Prewar shelf #1: A few T3s, including Brown and Tinker; my T209-1 complete set; and a couple N28s and N162s.

(4) Prewar shelf #2: A row of T205 HOFers on top; middle row of various T207 and E92-family caramels in a color wheel; bottom row of caramels with sunrises on the left and sunsets on the right. I'm really happy with how this one turned out

(5) Other prewar & etc: A tier of E121 and other B&W cards at left, including a couple Cobbs, a couple GC Alexanders, WaJo, and other HOFers; a tier of candy & gum cards at right, with a Sport Kings Cobb, some 1915 CJs, some Goudeys, and others; and a middle tier with some random pre- and postwar. I'm not as happy with this shelf at the moment and will probably reorganize it and swap out some cards later this month.

Thanks for indulging me & lets see some other displays!
Those Babe Ruth butterfinger and Quaker oats premiums are awesome. I would love to buy a Quaker Oats. And the Gehrig butterfinger is high on my top ten list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo

Last edited by todeen; 11-07-2021 at 09:33 PM.