View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 02:20 PM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

Default “Card Score” grading - new TPG as retail model… thoughts?

I found my way into a new card store in the Boston area earlier today and noticed this machine (see below) by the exit of the store.

I guess I missed this new TPG option if it’s been covered elsewhere in another thread - but apparently Card Score is an inexpensive ($15/card) new way of “partial self-serve” where you scan your card (raw or graded) and it’s uploaded and sent for review and grading by 40+ graders at Card Score, the outlier grades are thrown out and you are left with an overall score as well as sub-scores (edging, centering, corners, etc)

It’s pretty different - you don’t actually send your card in… they send you a case with the grade (not sure why I could not simply insert a lower grade card into the case - apparently there is some “fingerprint” level ability to scam proof shenanigans)

I plan to check out their web site to read more.

I was curious if others have studied this new option more closely… apparently it’s only about 2 weeks or so old in the Boston market

I hope it does give an affordable new option to authenticate and grade (or re-grade) cards. Love to hear your thoughts and predictions.

Jeff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 633A02AC-9A78-45BD-8630-64B86624941D.jpg (7.7 KB, 100 views)

Last edited by Belfast1933; 11-04-2021 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Typo in title