View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 09:22 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Judging by the fact that he doesn't normally operate in that arena I would guess that he gambled and lost, or he got saddled with a lot he didn't think he was actually going to win and wanted to cut his losses. Unless there's a pattern I think you're reading too much into the situation.
I was basically going to say the same thing. This is not uncommon. Especially with active players. Someone buys a card because they think the player is going to have a breakout season, or win something, or just believes that card will go up in value because of some particular reason. Then, when it doesn't happen, they cut their losses and sell the card. I did the exact same thing with Chris Paul rookie cards. As soon as Giannis hurt his knee in the playoffs, I hopped onto eBay and bought Chris Paul RCs because I thought they had a high likelihood of winning the NBA championship. But Giannis came back, despite hyperextending his knee, and played like an absolute beast. So I put the Chris Paul cards back up for sale at a loss. I took a gamble and it didn't pay off. But I have no desire to own Chris Paul cards.