View Single Post
Old 09-28-2021, 03:24 AM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by abothebear View Post
All in all, this seems like an outright disaster for a lot of collectors. I am a low budget collector. I get a new card or two once every couple of months, usually under $10. I know the business side of the hobby doesn't need the likes of me, so I'm not clamoring for some unrealistic reversal for my sake. But it seems to me the grading craze is going to affect everybody. If a PSA case is being valued at $100 - $150, any card for sale in a PSA case should be expected to go for market value of the card plus market value of the case. That is a significant premium on any card, but disastrous for cards under $300. The raw market will certainly be getting an influx of collectors abandoning the graded game - another blow to low budget collectors like myself. I suppose we are stuck waiting it out, hoping a correction of some kind happens sooner or later. Eight years ago I could get almost anything I wanted at a reasonable price (I only lacked the money). Now if I had the money I don't know if I could justify spending it knowing its all inflated 1990-style, except worse because it is shifted up $100 because of the case and the related consequences for the raw market.

You say this as if there aren't any other options for sending your cards to. SGC is crushing it right now. CSG offers super cheap grading with longer waits, but at least you can submit to them. I've been sending a lot of my stuff to SGC though lately.