View Single Post
Old 08-22-2021, 01:55 PM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by egri View Post
I haven't picked up a modern Topps product in years; I think the most recent thing was about 4-5 years ago I picked up a couple of 1980s wax packs for the fun of ripping them. The last time I bought something brand new from them would've been 11-12 years ago. I don't plan to change my collecting habits; the shiny stuff just doesn't appeal to me. I'm not a big fan of the Heritage products either; I'd rather collect the originals.
I could not agree more. It won't effect me. Last "new" Topps I actually went out and bought was 1992/93 Stadium Club, and I traded all of them not long after for a Derek Jeter RC, which I still have, raw and ungraded. I have some junk wax given to me by one of my nephews, but they are packed away in a box somewhere in the closet. I have a binder of my favorite cards, and no complete sets other than 53 Bowman in it's own binder, newest cards in it are 1977 Topps, and a clear plastic box of various Topps duplicates. I traded away a bunch of my various dupes (I do still have one each of what I traded away) when building the 53 Bowman set, primarily 1960 and 61 Topps, and some 1957s and 58s.