View Single Post
Old 08-20-2021, 08:30 AM
Joh.n Spen.cer

I worked in the insurance industry for 28 years, first with Cigna and then Chubb, although I dealt more with commercial lines rather than personal. The problems with insuring your collection under your HO policy are several; first, the limit under your HO policy is normally a percentage, usually 10-20%, of your personal contents coverage and rarely adequate for a decent collection, second, you really need a named player policy for your HOF'er and star player cards rather than the the blanket unnamed coverage under your HO policy. The problems really start at time of loss when trying to establish replacement cost. Obviously, you need to keep scrupulous records of book values for insurance and tax purposes when presenting a claim. The best approach is usually adopted is to use PSA and VCP auction results as to a guide towards replacement cost valuations. From what I have heard, Beckett's program is pretty good and will tailor a policy with the specific requirements necessary to protect fully your precious collection.
Hope this helps a little.