View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 01:56 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
Ruth cards have been very hot for over a year now...over and above their usual popularity. Honestly have not followed Jackson cards that closely. I was simply disputing that the market overall gets excited and prices rise over specific sales of elite cards. I think from the middle of last year until March sales of elite cards might have helped the market but the market was already flying. Since March prices overall have dropped on a huge portion of the market and elite sales have not impacted those drops from my pov.

Most people cannot afford to spend 100K on a card let alone spend 10K on a card more than once or twice . If those $100K+ cards are climbing so be it but it is not trickling down from what I am seeing. Not in the least.
I think the most one could say is that sometimes there is some very temporary FOMO from seeing big sales, never across the board though or in most sectors of what people buy. And if Ruth prices are up, I think that's explained by a genuine increase in demand, not by seeing a spike in one or two sales and a trickle down effect. I would argue it's the other way around, that the high sales are the result of increased demand in the first place.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-26-2021 at 01:56 PM.