View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 08:11 PM
Bill Cauley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I despise anyone who participated in January 6. I'd have to think some more about the forts, I guess my overall point is it seems futile to try to redo things like names that have been there so long that as you point out most people don't even know their significance. To me it's more a feel-good virtue signaling gesture than anything that will make a real difference. Now if you're talking the Confederate flag, that's a living symbol, so I'm in favor of getting rid of that no question.

As I posted before, renaming a school named for Lincoln pushed me over the edge on the cancel culture thing.

I had no idea of the Lincoln school being renamed until I saw something in this thread. That’s something I’d like to read up on as well as much deeper into these guys the forts were named after.

As someone who was stationed at Ft Bragg for 3.5 years (including 15 months deployed), nobody knew who the hell he was nor did anybody care.

It would be more of a pain in the ass than anything to go about changing the name, but I don’t feel like they deserve a fort named after them. With that said, I do believe hardly anybody knows who these guys are anyway so it probably doesn’t matter anyway. Save the taxpayers some money.

Maybe someday people from all ends of the spectrum will stop getting outraged because some talking heads said to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk