View Single Post
Old 07-18-2021, 02:01 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
I agree with you pete regarding the manipultaion of the jordan rookie. My analogy was referencing the fact that the majority of "investors" in the stock markets...aren't super educated about what they're investing in...kinda like the frenzy of new money in the hobby are just "investing" because they read it somewhere or someone suggested it.

You'd have to throw a shitload of $$$$ at high grade jordan rookies/2nd years to corner the market and create increased demand at this fake price point. A lotta time and a lotta money.
Right but at least if you buy a stock you are paying what the collective wisdom of the entire world says it's worth at that given moment. You aren't paying what some unscrupulous dealer suggests you pay (I still love the guy who reviewed all his bids with Brent beforehand and ended up buying a recolored special at some staggering price) or your buddies on Twitter or what you think might push up the value of your other ones so you can dump them or whatever.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-18-2021 at 02:07 PM.