View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 09:13 AM
Ian H@ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustomania View Post
Figured it would be fun to see what people have completed and/or are working on as inspiration to plug away (trying to figure out next player PC myself).

Last month I finished my Koufax Topps basic run which took about a year and a half for me to complete and find ones that appeal to me. I’m still plugging away and have 4 leaders cards remaining for all his mainstream Topps cards.

Pretty happy with the turn out and will tweak as we move forward but for the most part completed. Just rescanned all of them as well.

Please post up what you have, love seeing the player runs and progress.
Awesome Koufax run. Great eye appeal, no matter the number on the slab. Congrats!

My player sets:

Jim Palmer: 27/27; Completed in January, 2007
Brooks Robinson: 22/24 (almost there!); Started in December, 2014
Frank Robinson: 12/19; Started in December, 2014
Carl Furillo: 7/12; Started in August, 2015
Boog Powell: 10/16; Started in February, 2015
Al Kaline: 6/22; Just started

It's slow going for me. I've gone 6 months without buying a card, and I've bought 6 in a week. No rush. It's been a nice exercise in patience for me, waiting for centered cards that appeal to me in the same way those Koufax cards appeal to you.
Sold to: Sean1125, sayitaintso, IgnatiusJReilly, hockeyhockey, mocean, wondo, Casey2296, Belfast1933, Yoda, Peter_Spaeth, hxcmilkshake, kaddyshack, OhioCardCollector, Gorditadogg, Jay Wolt, ClementeFanOh, JollyElm, EddieZ, 4reals, uyu906