View Single Post
Old 07-04-2021, 08:10 AM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Wid,

Rose's record is included in the HOF, so his name is ackowledged. It is just that he is not eligible to be a formal HOF inductee and have his own plaque, etc.

And the major league Rule 21 about gambling is, I believe, required to be prominently displayed in all major league team locker rooms, or somewhere the players will easily see it. So Rose knew the rule and knew he was breaking it. And if he was such a gambling addict, why didn't he just bet on other sports, or at least teams he wasn't playing/managing on, or playing/managing against? And whether you think the rule fair or not, it is the rule, and makes obvious, logical sense.

The point of this thread, i thought, was to make an argument for Rose/Jackson to be in the Hall. So my argument is that his actions never affected the sanctity of the game because he always put in 100% attempt to win. I get that 'rules are rules' but we are not talking about Harold Baines, rather one of the greatest hitters of all time.

There are also signs for no pepper games written clearly on every wall in every stadium. not sure I ever saw anyone play pepper games but if I did , they would be breaking clear rules.
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Collecting: T206

Monster #236