View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 12:26 PM
Ch@d

I can't answer all of your questions, but as someone who is just about finished putting together a graded 1933 Goudey set, mostly SGC, I can give you my 2 cents.

Most cards with any kind of noticeable creasing get a 1.5 from SGC. And by noticeable, I mean apparent on closer inspection. I have a number of 1.5's that looked like 3s to me at first glance, until I went hunting for the crease. Your cards are way beyond that level, being clearly damaged even without close inspection. They are certainly 1's or A's, nothing higher than that (except maybe the Foxx as you noted). But there are some really nice looking 1's out there (see recent "buy the card, not the slab" thread), so I would be very careful in assuming that these cards would get anywhere close to the prices that other 1's receive. Take a look at those 1's first before you decide. I'm not sure you'll get your grading fees back in sales, you may do just as well listed them ungraded on the BST here. But you should have low expectations on their value, IMO.

EDIT: here is one of my nicer 1.5s with a crease. My Epson V330 scanner makes creases look like the Grand Canyon, so I can tell you that in person this crease is almost impossible for me to see even though I know its there.

successful deals with hcv123, rholmes, robw1959, Yankees1964, theuclakid, Brian Van Horn, h2oya311, thecapeleague, Gkoz316, chesbro41, edjs, wazoo, becollie, t206kid, vintageismygame, Neal, bradmar48, iconsportscards, wrapperguy, agrebene, T3fan, T3s, ccre, Leon, wolf441, cammb, tonyo, markf31,gonzo,scmavl & others

currently working on:
E101 (33/50)
T3 set (104/104), complete!
T205 set (108/221)
'33 Goudey
collecting W600s, Walter Johnson

Last edited by chadeast; 06-23-2021 at 12:49 PM.