View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 06:44 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econteachert205 View Post
Two weeks ago at a flea market I saw a guy selling all sorts of fake stuff (fleer Jordans etc). Last week at the flea market I saw guys buying junk wax stuff and quoting prices that were inaccurate (100 dollars for a raw Shaq Topps rookie etc.). Bottom of the barrel has not heard about the recent drop off in prices and are buying the junkiest of junk.
These are the suckers at the ass-end of a bubble. No idea what they are doing they just know they want in. Reminds me of a quote from Boiler Room I've 'enhanced' a bit:

Seth Davis: [Narrating] I read this article a while back, that said that Michael Jordan rookie cards sell for over half a million bucks. Blew my mind. you see shit like that, and it just plants seeds, makes you think its possible, even easy. And then you turn on the TV, and there's just more of it. The $87 Million lottery winner, that kid actor that just made 20 million o his last movie, that internet stock that shot through the roof, you could have made millions if you had just gotten in early, and that's exactly what I wanted to do: get in. I didn't want to be an innovator any more, i just wanted to make the quick and easy buck, i just wanted in. The Notorious BIG said it best: "Either you're slingin' crack-rock, or you've got a wicked jump-shot." Nobody wants to work for it anymore. There's no honor in taking that after school job at Mickey Dee's, honor's in the dollar, kid. So I went the white boy way of slinging crack-rock: I became a card flipper.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...