View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 06:34 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

So, I'm not a fan of baseball. Not of this modern 21st century $11 a beer baseball... I'm a fan of what I saw as a kid, and while in high school and college. I could drive to Cincy or St Louis, buy a ticket, food and beverage, and have spent maybe $20 on gas, ticket and eats. I think many of the folks think that way on this site. And I'm a fan of 19th and 20th century baseball, and the old cardboard that goes with that.

Great point Frank,
I'm fortunate to live near a SF Giants "A" affiliate club and go to their games regularly, or used to pre-covid. $14 bucks to get in, BBQ Pavilion down the left field line where foul balls drop regularly in your potato salad, They still have a "Beer Batter", where they choose one opposing player each game, if he strikes out all beer is 5 cents a cup for the next ten minutes, they still pull people from the stands to do goofy stuff on the field between innings, etc. and everybody sings Niel Diamonds "Caroline" for the 7th inning stretch. We also get to see the guys from the Bigs when they are on rehab assignment. Good stuff.

The old school baseball experience is still out there, its just becoming more rare.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-

Last edited by Casey2296; 04-29-2021 at 06:34 PM.