View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 03:34 PM
Howard Chasser

Default I try not to look back

Mostly I try not to look back understanding hindsight is 20-20. I am grateful the collectibles world has been good to me. I have 1 regrettable sale that I recall. Shortly after PSA entered the marketplace and there was a lot of debate going on whether they were needed or if they would last..... I had purchased a big Clemente collection including a beautiful 1968 3D test card. I sold the card raw for $6500 which was good money a the time. The guy I sold it to (later became a friend) immediately sent it to PSA which graded it a 9 - the card was worth 30K (1 sold at auction shortly after) a few weeks after I sold it!!

And 1 "good one" that got away. My mom had passed in 2008 and left me some $$. I flagged some of it to put into collectibles. I was super close to pulling the trigger on a PSA 8.5 Clemente rookie for 10K. at the time 8's were selling for about 3K and 9's for about 30K. I ended up not buying it and bought some other stuff (can't even tell you what!). An 8.5 recently sold for 210K