View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 06:52 PM
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
I can't imagine a dealer who hasn't taken what he paid for something into consideration when negotiating to sell an item that's been sitting for awhile. For buyers, why should it mean anything? All it is ever does for me as a buyer is to trust the dealer a little less--of all the reasons you might come up with to price something at a certain point, it's the one I'm the least interested in, in fact I have no interest at all.
Absolutely agree with that.

A couple years ago I saw a card for sale that I wanted. It was the same card that I saw sold within the same year. I picked it up for over $500 for less than the seller purchased it for.

I asked the seller what gives and he just said that they really wanted the card at the time and at the time of the sale, he just wanted out of it. I'm pretty sure the seller could have held off for a little more time to at least break even on the transaction. I guess that was just being in the right place at the right time.

In this case I knew the seller was going to take a loss on the card and I was fortunate/happy to buy the card.