Thread: Cross Registry
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 04:48 AM
Lonnie Nagel

I have (and have had since 2018) what could be considered a "starting point" for this idea.

It is basically an excel spreadsheet on steroids for vintage cards of a specific year and a specific manufacturer.

It allows variable "weighting" based on the specific grading company (in relation to the others).

It is pre-populated with Players Names and Card Numbers (CheckList).

It records certification numbers and other information defining the individual card characteristics.

It compiles an overall summary of the entire set.

If any of you are interested in taking a "test drive" - I would be happy to give you a free download at SetBilder.com using PROMO CODE "Net54"

Note that currently there are only Windows/Excel versions - Still trying to figure out how to port this to a MAC without running "parallels" or something of the sort.

What it still needs are:
  • the "hooks" into each TPG for Cert Verification
  • an overall calculation which indicates a single specific "score" for the entire set
  • a home on the web for the actual "registry" site

I have an idea on calculating a "Final Score" value but I would really be interested in talking to anyone with specific ideas on:
  • developing a MAC Version or even a web version where the OS platform would not matter
  • adding the hooks to the various TPG Cert Verification
  • developing a universal database in the Cloud for this "Ultimate Registry".