Thread: Cross Registry
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 02:32 PM
Dan=iel Enri.ght

I really like the idea of a fresh registry.
Always thought that because of all the cracking out and resub, cards that don't make it into a new case because of minimum grade or other issues etc. mean that populations don't really reflect accurate numbers or where that card currently resides in whose TPG holder.

My thinking previously had been that TPG companies should simply wipe the registries clean and force anyone who wants to have their cards recognized to submit anew, with some sort of date stamp included.
I realize this would crash the internet, but places like Photobucket manage to allow end users to upload significant numbers of images to their platform and maintain them there.
Probably take too much human labor to enter stuff accurately if each submission needed verifying, but if it could be automated so that the software platform could read the bar codes of the grading labels, perhaps it might work..?

I'm personally not a fan of some sort of 'weighted' scale attributed to cards from various TPG's for collectors to base their value on.
That's the issue to start with.
The cards inside the holders often don't 100% reflect their grade, whether because of eye appeal or how the TPG's weight their grades and allowances.
Personally, I think most BGS9.5s are EVERY bit as good condition as PSA 10's and in many cases better because of PSA centering allowances.
So while PSA 10's bring better numbers, I want to buy the better card.
And on no planet should a PSA9 ever make BGS9.5/10 money or be considered equal condition cards.
So ultimately this concept you're suggesting is a registry and opinion on flip comparisons, not the cards themselves.

Anyway, love the general idea though of a third party registry!

Last edited by 68Hawk; 03-03-2021 at 02:35 PM.