View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 07:47 AM

Default Howard Wakefield non-contemporary PC

Hi John, I collect Cleveland cards and memorabilia, and I am trying to find the earliest card or collectible of every player who ever donned the Cleveland uniform, as depicted with the team (plus coaches, managers, GMs, owners, etc.).

I have researched Howard Wakefield a bit and my current assessment is that there are no Cleveland cards of him that are career contemporary. I still think much is out there that we don't know about (RPPCs, etc), so I won't be convinced until I have exhausted all avenues for Wakefield and other players without a card, but that is what I know right now.

I was fortunate to fill my collection for now with a non-contemporary PC of Howard Wakefield. My best guess is that this is a 1970s George Brace PC. As it turns out, the pic is actually from a real career-contemporary item, which I do not have - a Sep 21, 1907 Sporting Life magazine with Howard Wakefield on the cover. The cover photo is accompanied by a nice write up at the bottom. This is on my wantlist in lieu of a card, but I have not come across one in any condition yet.

Good luck in your pursuit, and would greatly appreciate if you share any cards or collectible items of Howard Wakefield you may uncover in the future.

Last edited by JLange; 02-21-2021 at 07:49 AM.