View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 06:10 PM
Garth Guibord

One of the great parts about a hobby, any hobby that is, is the decisions that need to be made and how people prioritize parts of that hobby. What to collect, how to display it, when/if to sell, etc. are all valuable experiences to go through in their own right, not to mention the process of reevaluating things and shifting your collecting goal or focus.
I have my PC cards and I have also flipped, in part to help fund my PC. Unfortunately, I flipped my Mays 52T in an SGC holder a couple years before this boom, but it was the decision I made at the time. But again, I think these decisions and the process to make them are valuable in their own right.
Whatever you do, take some time to really think about it and make the call when you feel like you're ready. If you're not ready, just hold on to it until you are.
And one thing to consider if you do look to downgrade and try to keep some profits - after selling fees and taxes, the downgrade might be larger than you would want, so do those calculations first.
Oh - and congrats on having a great card and having the opportunity to make a good decision on it, whatever it may be!