View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 01:22 PM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

Thanks John.... I wonder if they created a new algorithm due to their change in payment system

As you said, it’s a small inconvenience - I know the buyer is trustworthy (and the timing hold of 21 days is not that big of a deal)

I just wanted to figure out why in hopes of avoiding another delay in the future (as seller OR buyer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harliduck View Post
I too am a spotty seller on Ebay, but have over a 2400 feedback rating and over 20 years on Ebay. Last week, I had a BIN on a card at $175 that sold in minutes (yes, priced a bit too low, and knew it) and the buyer paid immediately. The money was then placed on a 24 hour hold...I received a couple of automatic emails, but really no explanation. The buyer contacted me and apologized as he noticed it and thought it may be on his end? He also had over 2000 feedback. I waited the 24 hours, then shipped immediately. Again, I had sold a few items the last month or so around the same price range and nothing.

In the end it was a minor inconvenience, but in all years I have never had that happen and have sold items over $2-3k before. Figured something new must have triggered that...