View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 05:16 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfast1933 View Post
I’m hoping some seasoned sellers might be able to help me figure out why PayPal would have put a hold on funds paid to me via eBay for a transaction recently completed.

The buyer (great guy, also a Net54 man) and I had a terrific transaction, he made a BIN offer on e-bay, I accepted and all seemed fine.

I packaged the item and added a tracking number into the eBay system but it’s still showing funds held, not available.

I found some general policy statements on PayPal suggesting some possibilities for wire the funds may be on hold for 21 days. 21 days??!

I also checked eBay and it shows nothing there in messages suggesting that eBay was putting a hold on the funds or transaction. In fact, it redirected me back to PayPal.

Anyone have any idea what might have triggered this hold? I’m a very infrequent seller on eBay but I have sold several items over the last month or so. My ratings as well as the buyer are both very good, 100%.

Thx for the forensics here... it’s all a mystery and, of course no luck reaching an actual human being at PayPal

Jeff
If you're new to selling, they put a hold on payments, ask the buyer to leave feedback asap, that will free the money faster. Also if this transaction is higher than your usual sales, they might hold the payment, again ask buyer to leave feedback asap. If the buyer pays by echeck, the money won't show up until it clears but you should receive an email telling not ship until it clears.

Ebay is changing all sellers away from PayPal to Ebay Managed Payments, that could be a holdup as well.