View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 10:52 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Default eBay opinion counsel - price evaluation tool

Some time ago I was invited to be on some eBay opinion counsel of card purchasers. Not the most exciting invitation I have ever received, but what the hell Occasionally they send me a short questionnaire on card selling/buying issues. Harmless distraction.

One this week was sort of interesting. Asking how I value asking prices on eBay, what I look for on past sales, trends, etc. How I run my searches. It sounds like eBay is playing with the idea of some tool that you can click on that would immediately give you a summary of trending of prices and how reasonable a particular price is vis-a-vis recent eBay transactions. Not telling you anything you can't figure out with minimal detective work, but I wonder how such a simple to use system would impact the PWCC's and the Probstein's of the world, where you click on a little button and a red traffic light appears (I'm making that up) and you basically are told the current price is like 22% higher that a sale last month. Not a game changer but I thought kind of interesting. They didn't give many details of what they might be considering.

Ebay was also asking me what other sources I use (VCP, Google, auction websites) and whether I would continue using them if such a service was offered by eBay (of course).

Hell, maybe I'll be kicked off now for revealing state secrets.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 01-15-2021 at 10:54 AM.