View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 06:30 AM
Adam Wan.aselja

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsonjok View Post
Sorta off topic, but this did spur a thought. Does anyone have a feel for which Topps sets are more popular? I am working on both 1960 and 1965. I bid in a lot of Greg Morris auctions and have firm rules (25-30% of BV for VGEX, 30-40% for EX, and 40-50% for NM.) I will have been bidding on 30-40 cards on each set break from those two years. I will, invariably win 6-8 cards from 1960, but generally strike out in the 1965 breaks. In fact, I think I have won 3 total cards from '65 over the last half dozen breaks. It makes no sense to me.

And to bring it back on topic, I find the prices on the 1955 Clemente depressing. I am 21 cards from finishing 1955, but don't expect to ever finish unless prices come back down to earth. My wife is an equestrian and she just bought a nice French dressage saddle for $650. When I lamented that the cards I need to finish a couple sets (missing the Ryan rookie for 1968) could cost that much or more, she looked at me like I am crazy. And, she might just be right.
I don’t know how scientific this is but it might help with your question above - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KivgVDffUtk