Thread: 2021 HOF Ballot
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 02:33 PM
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlesteer View Post
So you're saying we should just not allow anyone from that era into the Hall? Honestly, the argument around Gwynn is ridiculous and a giant reach. He never immediately put on muscle; If anything, it was fat. No, I cannot guarantee he didn't take them. But we're now going to operate under ridiculous assumptions because there's a chance he might have? Do we kick out Ripken? What about Ricky Henderson? Heck Greg Maddux, Frank Thomas, shall I keep going???

There are obvious cheaters, those that are highly-suspicious, those that didn't get caught, and those that actually performed but happened play in the same era. You can't make this the Cooperstown Witch Trials.
Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. Not a single one should be in the Hall.

Once you reward them you legitimize their actions. Young athletes then can justify doing it themselves.

I've always believed two wrongs don't make it right. That goes the same for 2, 5, 10 or a 100 wrongs.

My site: http://www.freewebs.com/gnep31/

Successful trades/transactions: Mountaineer1999, BlueDevel89, ezez420, Shorttmail66, Northviewcats, Mintacular, Elberson, NATCARD, Oneofthree67, Leerob538, shammus, Hawkfan70, 39special, scmavl, jimtigers65, rocuan