View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 09:44 AM
Anson

I guess I have a slightly different perspective. I generally do hate the spamming stuff. But, SGC decided to use a different grading system for years and their 100-point system didn't translate well to search results. An SGC 10 could pop up if someone was looking for PSA 10. As we know, SGC 10 now can mean two totally different things on opposite ends of the spectrum.

I'm less upset if someone is trying to establish the equivalent grade of an SGC holder, simply because it doesn't get visibility due to the different scales. It's very different than including "PSA?" or dropping a bunch of additional TPGs in the title.

At the end of the day, people are just trying to sell their stuff. There are a lot of new, less-experienced eyeballs seeking out cards on Ebay. I'm more annoyed by "Invest!" or "Ebay 1/1" than SCC 98 = PSA 10. I will also add, I'm surprised at all of the folks who are anti-PSA but don't want SGC cards to pop up in a search for PSA. If you want other TPGs to be successful, wouldn't you want to make more new collectors aware of other options besides PSA?

Last edited by Throttlesteer; 12-31-2020 at 09:46 AM.