Thread: 2021 HOF Ballot
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 04:55 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Interesting to note that current first time voters, have all voted for Bonds and Clemens. So far three ballots have been made public by people who are voting for the first time.

On the subject of "tainted records." I truly don't think any record is "tainted" There has been doping going on in the sport since the dawn of the 20th century. On the subject of Records, some are quite ridiculous, and should be separated by era in my opinion. Maybe a Pre/Post World War Two for the pitching records.

It's downright impossible for any pitcher to come close to Cy Young's Win Record. Rotations are sometimes 6 pitchers nowadays, we're lucky if pitchers crack 250 innings as well. I'm not sure when the next time we see a 300 game winner is. Let alone 400 and 500.
Yes, the qualifications for pitchers needs to be really looked at...when you have a young superstar throwing a shutout in the World Series and he gets pulled in the 6th because the manager is a "stat head" there's not much the player can do about that. It's a new era for pitchers. Complete games are getting really rare. Only one man in the last 20 years has a season with double digit complete games pitched. James Shields with 11 and this year the leader in both leagues had 2 which you might say is okay since the season was short, but the Major League leader in 2019 only had 3.

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 12-29-2020 at 09:37 PM.