View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 02:05 AM
M@rk Comer

Day 364 (December 29, 2020 – 364)

A small photo, around 5x7, of Brooks in spring training showing Brooks wearing an early Orioles jersey.

Day 364 Photo Young Brooks Post.jpg

This is one of my favorite and earliest pieces in my Brooksie collection. Thanks to my friend Scott Roemer (quitcrab) who helped me pick this item up since I saw it last minute and didn’t have an account with the auction house (Thanks Scott…love this item). This is a baseball statistic sheet that was put out by William J. Weiss who was a statistician for the Pacific Coast League. The form was mailed to the player, completed, and sent back. Brooks completed the questionnaire and it was sent back with most of the information requested. There are quite a few things that are particularly neat about this item that’s filled out in Brooks’ 18 year old hand:

1. Lists his home address in Little Rock

2, Position - 2nd base

3. Signed his complete name “Brooks Calbert Robinson Jr.”

4. Stamped Jun 20, 1955

1955 Baseball Questionnaire:

Day 364.jpg

Quote: "He didn't look fast, in fact he was kinda slow, but he was always there. On double plays when he had to come a long way, he had this way of just rolling across the bag and flipping the ball under his arm. He was the best second baseman (Cuban Winter League) I have ever seen." - Orlando Pena