View Single Post
Old 12-25-2020, 10:51 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Day 360 (December 25, 2020 – 360)

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

I’ve had the opportunity, on several occasions, to visit Baltimore’s Tadder Associates, Inc. The company did Commercial Photography, but in my case Tadder Associates meant more than commercial photos. Morton (Mort) Tadder, along with his company, did a lot of the photography for the Baltimore Orioles back in the day (around 44 years’ worth). Growing up most of the team photos, programs, player portraits, yearbooks, etc. had the name TADDER on the bottom. As a kid, growing up in the Baltimore area Tadder, to me, was like one of my favorite Oriole team members.

Morton, at first, really didn’t want to sell me, just an individual and not a company, any photographs, but his assistant Lillian Crowley allowed me the opportunity to purchase a limited few. I was very happy to have a few cool Oriole pictures he had taken. Over the years both Morton and Lillian sent me some pictures for my collection until Morton retired a number of years ago. By the way Lillian and her husband own Lombard Hardware and Tool Rental in Baltimore; go see them and purchase something (they are great people!).
Why a post about Tadder Associates on Christmas? When Morton retired he gave me a gift; he sent me a Brooks Robinson picture that he had taken during a ’70 World Series game at Riverfront Stadium. The picture hung in his office, which is about 15”x40” and now resides in my house in a prominent place. So sad to hear the news this year about Mort; he'll be missed.
Mark:

Great oversized photo and back story! Ironically after seeing more of the Tadder photos you posted the other day (with the printed credits) I was going to ask you where you got those, but now I know!

Probably the only thing I have displayed in a size similar to your Tadder photo is a retail store Oakley promotional poster that came out in '96:

Happy Holidays!

Bill

Last edited by roarfrom34; 12-25-2020 at 11:33 AM.