View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 05:11 PM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
I have seen larger pennants before and if I remember correctly they were very much like the ones you showed from 1969. I believe I remember someone saying they were used for display at the stadium. Here, it would have been Metropolitan Stadium for the Twins. Problem is I don't remember them having any grommets or being quite that large (6tf). They were definitely significantly larger than your normal 29 inch pennant and identical in every other feature. Oversize pennants like that are extremely rare as you know. The only one I have in my collection is this cloth 35 plus inch Yankees "Home of Champions" pennant. I've never seen another like this either which is why I picked it up despite the condition issues.
That’s a cool pennant. I don’t recall any other team with “Souvenir of ...” pennants but the Yankees.

These 1969s are really interesting, the felt resembles that of the old ones from the 1910s, has the feel of an army blanket. The printing is rubberized so that it doesn’t crack. You can fold it in half without risking damage. But just like the reg size from this series, the spine is cloth and does fade. ... Speaking of which I did find Giants and Mets in reg size cloth so I am almost finished the set.