View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 10:50 PM
J0hn H@rper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I had an expensive card delivered this week USPS first class, signature required. I checked the delivery history on the Informed Delivery app and got a message that made my hair stand on edge. It was Exception: Package delivered to another address because it was mislabeled or had wrong zip code or was redirected." What???? No other address given, and obviously there was no problem with the address. I went nuts for a few hours. The company sending it got right on the phone and called my local postmaster who explained it was likely just misscanned by the mail delivery person when I wasn't home to sign for it. Sure enough was delivered the next day without further incident. Disaster averted. Whoever opened that package would have figured out very quickly that Christmas came early a little this year. Thank god a false alarm. Scared the bejessus out of me.
Similar here a couple weeks ago, except the hair stand on edge update was "Delivered, left with individual". That individual was not me. The substitute mail carrier (which is when most of the problems I've encountered happen) was not actually getting signatures when required. If she would have, the mistake would have been noticed immediately since I had one other package that day too.

Since I was checking frequently (but not peering out the window for the mail truck like I apparently need to be), I caught this about ten minutes after it happened, got in my car and took off after the truck, and luckily passed by it in a maze of off streets about a quarter mile away. Turns out she had left the package about six houses away. We backtracked and it was still sitting there. Disaster averted, especially since proving I never got it w/ a stamp of "delivered, left with individual" would have to be messy.

All this makes me want to wrap up buying any cards online. I've lucked out a few times in these spots, but sooner or later, snake eyes will come up