View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 10:29 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
The holders from TC verify and the T205 ish frames are both great options.

I use penny sleeves and toploaders, but if you only have a few cards those other options are better.

I have had a few cards graded, mostly ones in better condition, or that would be questioned if they weren't "graded" lie T206 blankbacks.
The price difference is fairly large if the card grades well, and eventually someone who may not know a lot about cards will have to sell them.

I should do some more, but SGC just feels like it's circling the drain(as much as I like them) and PSA is .... well, they're PSA and should have gone that routs years ago.
My plan is to put a few thousand cards into Ricks holders. It is a new product size for him so he is having problems getting supplies at the moment.

For selling, I agree with others that PSA is king and you can make a lot more cash using their magic plastic holders. Really hoping the new automated grading that has been shown on here takes off. I like the idea of grading to help out the collectors that don't want to have to learn every aspect of cards to not get taken advantage of. I think it is sad what grading has turned into.

I have evolved into pretty much a collector and grading is too expensive to do all my cards. Plus they take up way too much space if you have a huge collection.