View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 10:00 AM
Matt L

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsagain74 View Post
Devil's advocate here, but:

"Snow white borders and perfect centering"? (hallmark of the most obvious fakes or reprints)

Using an ebay stranger who just bought two cards and talked with you for awhile for all this (instead of continuing with the local card shop, as most people who have finds would)?

Sending that stranger high numbers that aren't paid for without a concern in the world?

Be careful....
Oh for sure. We are working out the details for which high numbers he sends, but I will pay a little. He understands how the story obviously sounds. We are both trying to figure out the best way to do this and feel comfortable. He’s not really soliciting me. And truthfully, the more I find out, and pics I see, the more I believe it. Still not sending thousands of dollars unless certain obviously. And there’s always the option to fly in and see the cards myself, as stated earlier, I wouldn’t even know what to look for. It’s kind of why we came up with the idea of just sending me a few randoms of my choice.

BTW, I’ve been following your 52 topps quest! Amazing!! If this pans out, I might actually take a run at it.