View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 12:14 PM
Vincent Hecksel

I do not mind the staining on the 1914 CJ, but the grading disparities when stains are present was enough to discourage me from going any farther than the two Detroit Tigers cards I own. The condition of the #122 Bush is a decent mid-quality card, but I have no doubts PSA would “only” grade somewhere between a 2 or 3 with the present stains. #114 Moriarity not nearly that high. Then I note how strong the 2018- 2020 auction results have been for #122 Bush, and I am not as discouraged. Perhaps the prices realized reflect this card may be as scarce as the low PSA submission count indicates. It all just bogles my simple mind. And, as noted by other members, PSA has not remained consistent over time, on the consideration of staining in assigned final grade. Would be curious to know whether some of the highest graded examples were “treated” in prior years to minimize appearance of stains. Suppose it possible less stained examples survived their time in the box. All that said, my kudos to all of the Net 54 OC members that collect them. You are a hardy bunch ��
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14CJ Bush & Moriarity.jpg (61.8 KB, 687 views)