Thread: EBAY scammers
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 04:20 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Ebay is not in the business of authenticating items. They exist as a platform for others to sell items. They shouldn't be expected to be an expert in cards anymore than you would be an expert in identifying counterfeit Coach bags or PEZ dispensers. Given the volume of cards listed, there is no way Ebay could police everything and giving users the unilateral decision on what is acceptable is impractical. I would further add what makes you or me or Joe Bob down the street more of an expert and have a more valid opinion of the authenticity of a card more than the seller? Putting a list together on this site or any other also doesn't do anything to answer the question of whose opinion is more valid and what exactly makes a seller "bad". Does the lack of knowledge make a seller bad? How many fake items can a seller have before they are considered bad? How many errors do the TPG get before they are considered bad? I would further add, using a Star Jordan is also a really not a great example to make this point either since even PSA and SGC refuse to grade them.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers