View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 11:09 AM
Bill Gregory

Default I just bought my first Ted Williams, and I’m as giddy as a little kid.

It’s funny the things a grown man will get excited about. They’re really not all that different from the things we got excited about as kids, are they?

For the last year, or so, I have satiated my collecting needs with my McFarlane Sportspicks collection. I began buying them in earnest about two and a half years ago, and I got super serious this time last year. I’m up to nearly 130 of them covering baseball and hockey, football and basketball. They’ll go great with the collection I’ll continue building at the beginning of next year. For the rest of 2020, my primary focus will still be my film library.

The silly thing is, it’s not an expensive card. It’s one of the cards from the 1959 Fleer set about the Splendid Splinter. It’s card #12, right before the Sox called him up for good. It’s only in excellent shape, and with shipping, it only cost my about $12.50. I’m going to build the set, so this will be used as my control card. When I do buy a more expensive example, that will be the one I compare it to under the loupe.

But it’s still a Ted Williams card, produced while one of my all-time favorite players was still active. And I’m just as happy as I can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.